PHASTAR is planning to set up a new business unit which will function as a recruitment agency placing contract and permanent staff with pharmaceutical, biotech and CRO companies. The new business unit will focus on statisticians, statistical programmers and data managers and will have a global reach.
We are looking for an experienced recruiter who can independently set up, grow and manage this business. You will have a large network of individuals (both hiring managers and potential recruits) in the pharmaceutical industry, ideally within our areas of focus.
Head of Recruitment
Independently manage our new staffing business unit by linking customers and candidates
- Grow the business unit by identifying new business opportunities by networking with potential hiring managers globally
- Liaise with hiring managers to define roles and candidate requirements
- Establish contractual agreements with customers and candidates
- Create appropriate job adverts for positions and choose outlets for these adverts based on an agreed budget
- Create a large network of talent that can be tapped to fill potential opportunities
- Once a position has been identified, pursue finding appropriate persons to put forward for that position
- Schedule interviews and manage the subsequent negotiation process
- Prepare and issue invoices
- Utilise technology effectively to help grow the business – effective and appropriate use of CRM database and mailings to keep in touch with candidates and customers
- Carry out marketing for the staffing business unit, including maintenance of an active presence across a variety of social media channels
- Produce reports detailing progress against targets
- Liaise with PHASTAR’s business development and talent acquisition team to maximise business opportunities for all PHASTAR business units
- Positively represent the staffing business unit externally at industry recruitment events
The essential requirements of a Staffing Specialist in this role are:
- All round business knowledge and acumen
- Self-motivating and independent – with a positive, hard-working outlook
- Understanding of business and company finances
- Previous experience working in the pharmaceutical statistics, programming and/or data management is preferred, although candidates with experience in other pharmaceutical sectors will also be considered.
- Able to understand (at a high level) the work of pharmaceutical statisticians, statistical programmers and data managers, and communicate about these positions effectively
- Ability to develop long term positive working relationship with senior technical managers in a wide range of companies, from big pharma to small biotech
- Have previously developed a wide network of potential candidates in a pharmaceutical field
- Proven track record of delivering commercial returns as a recruiter
- Careful attention-to-detail with regards to administration, scheduling of appointments and tracking of opportunities and recruits
- At least 8 years experience in a talent acquisition role
- Happy to work to targets and report progress against these targets in a meaningful and organised manner
- Be well-organised, flexible, self-motivated, independent, pro-active and creative.
- Effective at communicating with clients and colleagues, excelling at both verbal and written English.
Can be based in one of PHASTAR's UK offices or home based (UK).